The PhenQ weight loss supplements has been on market for years, and now it is time for a truly scientific review. Does PhenQ truly work? Will it be the right choice for you? Keep reading…
What is PhenQ?
Unlike some popular weight loss treatments, PhenQ is a very powerful weight loss formula that contains multiple solutions. It not only increases the calorie burning, but also helps cut down on fat while increasing muscle mass, and suppress appetite. Each of the ingredient has scientific proof for weight loss and the results have been seen in 8 weeks. So with multiple ingredients all in one, the efficiency is without question.
How can PhenQ help me lose weight within 8 weeks?
Below are just some of the features of PhenQ.
- Suppress your appetite: If you always take on weight loss diets, you will find those diets often lead to increased appetite. With PhenQ you will not feel hungry even after eating small amounts of food because it can suppress your appetite.
- Inhibit fat production: Most weight loss products can only burn fat that has already produced by your body. Those weight loss treatments may either help burn fat or suppress your appetite. Why sometimes weight bounces back after a drastic weight loss? It’s because your body is still producing fat due to various feedback mechanisms of the body and some of the reasons even scientists haven’t found out yet. By inhibiting fat product, it prevents weight gain from the very beginning.
- Burn fat: as most of the other weight loss pills all have such features, will talk talk about it in detail.
- High quality formula: PhenQ is produced in the US and UK in GMP and FDA approved facilities which means the quality can be quaranteed.
- Improve your mood and energy levels: When dramatic weight loss is a sign of ill-health, you will usually have other side effects, such as altered mood, tiredness, digestive problems. A common cause of such kind of losing weight is the overaction of your thyroid gland, where your thyroid increases production of hormones that increase your metabolism (T3, T4 etc). PhenQ will not affect your energy level, and it increases your energy level.
Click the link below to visit the official site today!
How does PhenQ work?
α-Lacys Reset : How Can It Help Me Lose Weight?
α-Lacys Reset is a patented blend of alpha-lipoic acid and cysteine, both ingredients have weight loss effects. When taking these two ingredients together, it has a synergistic effect. Synergistic effect means they produces an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects.
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)
A comprehensive, systematic literature search reported in Obes Rev in 2018 identified 10 articles on randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies involving ALA. They conducted a meta-analysis of mean weight and BMI change differences between ALA and placebo treatment groups.
Results show a significant 1.27 kg greater weight loss from the ALA group than the placebo group.
Alpha-lipoic acid treatment coincided with a statistically significant 1.27 kg (confidence interval = 0.25 to 2.29) greater mean weight loss compared with the placebo group. A significant overall mean BMI difference of -0.43 kg/ m2 (confidence interval = -0.82 to -0.03) was found between the ALA and placebo groups.
In the same article, you can see the study duration is as short as 8 weeks, that means you could very likely see the weight change when taking ALA for 8 weeks or even less.
Another thing you may have noticed is the dose within PhenQ is lower than the dose levels used in the clinical trials. This is because PhenQ is composed with multiple ingredients which have synergetic effect and add-on effect, so it means you can’t compare the dose level in phenQ with the single drug used in clinical trials.
Capsimax powder is a blend of capsicum, piperine, caffeine and niacin (vitamin B3).
These ingredients have potent weight loss effects. Take Capsaicin for example, the effect has been described in literatures:
…capsaicin plays a critical role in human and has multiple benefits for metabolic health, especially for weight loss in obese individuals.
What’s the mechnism of the weight loss effect of capsaicin?
This article gives very clear explanations of the potential mechanism as below:
The potential mechanisms underlying the anti-obesity effects of capsaicin include: (1) increase lipid oxidation and inhibit adipogenesis; (2) activate BAT activity and induce thermogenesis; (3) suppress appetite and increase satiety regulated by neuronal circuits in the hypothalamus; (4) modulate the function of the gastrointestinal tract and gut microbiome. In addition, we further collected most preclinical studies, including in vitro studies and rodent experiments about the anti-obesity effects of capsaicin
I don’t know why PhenQ contains it. Described in “A Pilot Study of Chromium Picolinate for Weight Loss”.
This was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 80 otherwise healthy, overweight adults assessed at the baseline for central adiposity measured by computerized tomography. Subjects were randomly assigned to daily ingestion of 1000 μg of chromium picolinate or placebo for 24 weeks.
Supplementation of 1000 μg of chromium picolinate alone, and in combination with nutritional education, did not affect weight loss in this population of overweight adults.
Maybe this ingredient just works as a placebo.
Till today, the relation between caffeine intake and weight loss has not been very clearly demonstrated. There’s one very recent article “a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials”. Here is the conclusion:
Overall, the current meta-analysis demonstrated that caffeine intake might promote weight, BMI and body fat reduction.
It means it’s very likely to reduce weight by taking caffeine, but the conclusion has not been completely established.
One very possible reason for Caffeine/coffee’s weight loss effect is, it has been proved that Caffeine/coffee stimulates the metabolic rate in both control and obese individuals; however, this is accompanied by greater oxidation of fat in normal weight subjects. This was found out about 40 years ago in this article.
There’s another interesting article published 2 years ago, indicated that coffee administered 3-4.5 h before a meal had minimal influence on food and macronutrient intake, while caffeine ingested 0.5-4 h before a meal may suppress acute energy intake. So it means, you can take coffee 0.5-4h before a meal to help you suppress further energy intake to maximum the weight loss effect from taking coffee.
There are several other ingredients, because they are not the main ingredients I will not go into details.
As a potent weight loss formula, α-Lacys Reset’s possible side effects should not be ignored.
Generally speaking, it’s quite safe taken orally for up to 4 years and intravenously for up to 3 weeks.
According to the study I mentioned Obes Rev in 2018 .
…only three studies in this meta-analysis reported intervention related side effects. Gastrointestinal symptoms are the most commonly reported events, such as abdominal pain and nausea, and dermatological symptoms, such as urticaria and itching sensation. No severe side effects were reported in any of the studies…
Given that the doses taken in these studies are quite high, and most of the participants are people with obesity and side effects might be more easily happened in these populations, thus much smaller chance of adverse events occurrence are expected.
Another possible side effect is rash. According to results from multiple clinical trials, the occurrence rate for skin rash is low. But if you have a rash currently, or if you are sensitive to α-Lacys Reset, phenQ is not a good choice.
Why Should I Consider PhenQ?
Why should you try PhenQ? Here’s a quick look through:
I have to admit PhenQ should not be said 100% natural because most ingredients are composed rather than directly extracted from plants. Actually, I have never seen any weight loss pills that are 100% natural.
But I still think it’s worth to try the pills due to the following reason:
Yes, weight loss. I recommend PhenQ because it works for most people. Think about it, when you don’t want to eat anything but still feel energetic, when your fat production is inhibited and your stored fat is decreased. There’s no reason you can’t lose weight. Plus, most ingredients’ efficacy has been established or studied in so many clinical trials.
What if I am not satisfied with the results?
PhenQ offers a 60-day money-back guarantee and has online support who can answer your questions at any time.
So if you are not satisfied with the results, contact the online support and you could get your money back within 60 days.
Click the link below to visit the official site today!
- Katherine B Lucas, and Cenk Tek, Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) as a supplementation for weight loss: Results from a Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials, Obes Rev. 2017 May; 18(5): 594–601.
- Jia Zheng,1 Sheng Zheng, Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications, Biosci Rep. 2017 Jun 30; 37(3): BSR20170286.
- Tabrizi R1, Saneei P, The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2019;59(16):2688-2696.
- Acheson KJ, Zahorska-Markiewicz B, Caffeine and coffee: their influence on metabolic rate and substrate utilization in normal weight and obese individuals. Am J Clin Nutr. 1980 May;33(5):989-97.
- Schubert MM1, Irwin C, Caffeine, coffee, and appetite control: a review. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2017 Dec;68(8):901-912.