Many Pregnant women experienced acne breakout during pregnancy and It’s really annoying. What causes acne breakouts during pregnancy?
Here are the causes of acne during pregnancy
1. During pregnancy, hormones level changes and stimulated the sebaceous glands in the skin, thus more oily substances produced.
2. The extra oil, and glands pores became blocked, leading to bacterial infection.
3. The bacterial infection resulted in acne breakouts: inflamed skin, bumps and spots.
If you’re free of acne and you have developed your acne during pregnancy, or your acne only became severa after pregnancy. Then good news is your skin can return to normal quite likely after giving birth to a baby.
How to Treat Pregnancy Acne safely?
Although pregnancy acne not that preventable, here are the safe ways to treat pregnancy acne.
1. It’s not recommended to use over-the-counter medications.
2. Although Retin-A can’t be absorbed via skin, it’s still not sure if it will affect the health of the baby.
3. Keep the area dry. Some doctors suggested using a light dusting of cornstarch such as baby powder
4. Wash your acne area in a mild way in the morning and in the evening, do not scrub at it
5. Do not try to be on a diet, such as fruit diet or vegetables diet to decrease your acne. Because pregnancy acne not caused by diet. And you need to get enough nutrition to guarantee your baby’s health.
6. Use oil-free skin care products or products labled with noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic.
7. Keep anything directly contacted the acne area clean and fresh, such as your pillow or towels.
8. Never squeeze the acne.
9. Put your hands off your face
10. Do not take any medications unless you have been adviced to take by your doctors.
11. Do not take anything that contains isotretinoin, tetracycline, doxycycline, or minocycline.
12. Go to see your doctor is if your acne severe.